Principals address to prospective year 6 parents
Dear Parents and Carers of Year 6,
We are at the time of the year when parents and carers of year 6 students and year 6 students are thinking about high school. The thought of moving to high school for some may feel very daunting and exciting at the same time. Throughout Semester 2 we will be providing both teacher and student led transition opportunities. Students who are enrolled at MSHS for 2023 will participate in our Transition Day at Mount Stromlo High School in Term 4 where they will experience what Year 7 will be like. The transition opportunities are provided to help assist students to feel comfortable and connected to high school prior to beginning Year 7.
To support those looking to enrol in Year 7 (or other high school years) for 2023, we have also developed an Information Booklet.
If you wish to have a deeper conversation about school enrolments or any element of our school highlighted in the information booklet, please contact our school front office and either our Deputy Principal supporting enrolments (Kim Smith) or I will be happy to discuss this with you further.
Mount Stromlo High School
Enrolling/Transferring - ACT Public Schools
Visit the Education website at www.education.act.gov.au for more information and to enrol using the online enrolment form
Parents/carers are welcome to apply to enrol/transfer their child at any time during the school year using an online application form. Full details are available from the Education website.
Applications for enrolment for the current year may be lodged at any time during the year and are processed as received. Please complete an Application to Enrol/Transfer in an ACT Public School on the Education Directorate website. If you do not have access to the Internet please contact the school and the front office staff will assist you. Once the online application has been received the front office staff will contact you by phone to arrange an enrolment interview with the Principal. Please bring
- Proof of student's residential address (house lease, electricity account. NB drivers licence and mobile phone account are not proof of address)
- Proof of student's identity and date of birth (birth certificate or passport)
- Copies of any family law or other relevant court orders relating to the student
- Previous school reports
- Portfolio of work (if available)
- Emergency medical treatment plan (if required)
Enrolments of students from outside the Priority Placement Area (PPA) are managed to ensure that all students who reside in the PPA can be accommodated throughout the year.
Enrolment of students who reside outside the Priority Placement Area
Families who live outside the PPA are encouraged to provide additional information about their application directly to the school via Stromlo.Enrolments@ed.act.edu.au. The additional information will be matched with the online application before being considered for enrolment. Common reasons for requesting enrolment
- An older sibling, who resides with the student, currently attends Mount Stromlo
- A specialised program, pathway or specific subject choice is offered by Mount Stromlo
- Student wellbeing considerations (supporting documentation from a registered psychologist or medical specialist may be required)
NSW families are encouraged to review the Education Directorate enrolment policy (see link below)