Parents are welcome to make enrolment enquires at any time during the school year.
Mount Stromlo High School welcomes all students from the Priority Placement Area (PPA) suburbs of Chapman, Coombs, Duffy, Fisher, Holder, Rivett, Stirling, Uriarra, Waramanga, Weston, North Weston and Wright. Any student living in our school's PPA is entitled to a place in the relevant Year 7 – 10 cohort. For the PPA map please see below. Uriarra residents access schools closest to them on the transport route. This can include Mount Stromlo High School.
Applications for enrolment for the current year may be lodged at any time during the year and are processed as received. Please complete Application to enrol/transfer in an ACT Public School on the Education Directorate website. If you do not have access to the Internet please contact the school and the front office staff will assist you. Once the online application has been received the front office staff will contact you by phone to arrange an enrolment interview with the Principal. Please bring
- Proof of student's residential address (house lease, electricity account. NB drivers licence and mobile phone account are not proof of address)
- Proof of student's identity and date of birth (birth certificate or passport)
- Copies of any family law or other relevant court orders relating to the student
- Previous school reports
- Portfolio of work (if available)
- Emergency medical treatment plan (if required)
Enrolments for the 2017 school year commence 8am on Tuesday 26 April 2016. You will receive an offer of enrolment, by mail, in late June that outlines how you accept the offer. Mount Stromlo High School Open Night will be held 6:00 - 7:30pm Tuesday 24 May 2016 for any parent to attend with their child.
Enrolments of students from outside the Priority Placement Area (PPA) are managed to ensure that all students who reside in the PPA can be accommodated throughout the year.
Enrolment of students who reside outside the Priority Placement Area
Families who live outside the PPA are encouraged to provide additional information about their application directly to the school via Stromlo.Enrolments@ed.act.edu.au. The additional information will be matched with the online application before being considered for enrolment. Common reasons for requesting enrolment
- An older sibling, who resides with the student, currently attends Mount Stromlo
- A specialised program, pathway or specific subject choice is offered by Mount Stromlo
- Student wellbeing considerations (supporting documentation from a registered psychologist or medical specialist may be required)