Enrolling/Transferring - ACT Public Schools
Parents/carers are welcome to apply to enrol/transfer their son or daughter at any time during the school year using an online application form. Full details are available from the Education website.
Applications for enrolment for the current year may be lodged at any time during the year and are processed as received. Please complete Application to enrol/transfer in an ACT Public School on the Education Directorate website. If you do not have access to the Internet please contact the school and the front office staff will assist you. Once the online application has been received the front office staff will contact you by phone to arrange an enrolment interview with the Principal. Please bring
- Proof of student's residential address (house lease, electricity account. NB drivers licence and mobile phone account are not proof of address)
- Proof of student's identity and date of birth (birth certificate or passport)
- Copies of any family law or other relevant court orders relating to the student
- Previous school reports
- Portfolio of work (if available)
- Emergency medical treatment plan (if required)
Enrolments for the 2018 school year commence 9am on Wednesday 26 April 2017. You will receive an offer of enrolment, by email, in late June that outlines how you accept the offer. Mount Stromlo High School Open Night will be held 6 - 8pm Tuesday 23 May 2017 for any parent to attend with their child.
Enrolments of students from outside the Priority Placement Area (PPA) are managed to ensure that all students who reside in the PPA can be accommodated throughout the year.
Enrolment of students who reside outside the Priority Placement Area
Families who live outside the PPA are encouraged to provide additional information about their application directly to the school via Stromlo.Enrolments@ed.act.edu.au. The additional information will be matched with the online application before being considered for enrolment. Common reasons for requesting enrolment
- An older sibling, who resides with the student, currently attends Mount Stromlo
- A specialised program, pathway or specific subject choice is offered by Mount Stromlo
- Student wellbeing considerations (supporting documentation from a registered psychologist or medical specialist may be required)
Information for NSW residents applying for year 7 to 10 in 2018.
Applications from NSW residents for years 7 to 10 will be processed later in 2017. Our school receives a high number of applications from ACT residents. We will finalise processing of these applications before we consider NSW applications; this may be as late as Term 4 2017. If you have any queries about this process please call the ACT Education Directorate on 6205 5429.