Enrolling/Transferring - ACT Public Schools
Visit the Education website at www.education.act.gov.au for more information and to enrol using the online enrolment form
Parents/carers are welcome to apply to enrol/transfer their child at any time during the school year using an online application form. Full details are available from the Education website.
Applications for enrolment for the current year may be lodged at any time during the year and are processed as received. Please complete an Application to Enrol/Transfer in an ACT Public School on the Education Directorate website. If you do not have access to the Internet please contact the school and the front office staff will assist you. Once the online application has been received the front office staff will contact you by phone to arrange an enrolment interview with the Principal. Please bring
- Proof of student's residential address (house lease, electricity account. NB drivers licence and mobile phone account are not proof of address)
- Proof of student's identity and date of birth (birth certificate or passport)
- Copies of any family law or other relevant court orders relating to the student
- Previous school reports
- Portfolio of work (if available)
- Emergency medical treatment plan (if required)
Enrolments for the 2019 school year commence 9am on Monday 30 April 2018 and close 4 June 2018. You will receive an offer of enrolment, by email, in late June that outlines how you accept the offer. Mount Stromlo High School will host an Open Night to be held Wednesday 16 May 2018 between 6:00pm to 8:00pm for any parent to attend with their child.
Enrolments of students from outside the Priority Placement Area (PPA) are managed to ensure that all students who reside in the PPA can be accommodated throughout the year.
Enrolment of students who reside outside the Priority Placement Area
Families who live outside the PPA are encouraged to provide additional information about their application directly to the school via Stromlo.Enrolments@ed.act.edu.au. The additional information will be matched with the online application before being considered for enrolment. Common reasons for requesting enrolment
- An older sibling, who resides with the student, currently attends Mount Stromlo
- A specialised program, pathway or specific subject choice is offered by Mount Stromlo
- Student wellbeing considerations (supporting documentation from a registered psychologist or medical specialist may be required)
NSW families are encouraged to review the Education Directorate enrolment policy (see link below)